Serving size: 6-8 people
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Israeli or regular couscous
- Vegetable broth (follow directions on the box)
- 3-4 raw vegetables of your choice, chopped (I used an orange bell pepper, asparagus and red onion)
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup of garbanzo beans (optional)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (lemon juice would be a great substitute)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add couscous and stir to toast until they achieve a light brown color.
- Add appropriate amount of vegetable broth (per the directions on box) and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook according to the directions. DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM YOUR COUSCOUS. STIR FREQUENTLY OR IT WILL STICK LIKE A MOTHER.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool off slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar, oregano and honey. Whisk to blend.
- Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil while whisking vigorously. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add veggies, parsley and cooled couscous to the dressing. Toss to combine. Salt and pepper, if needed.